This player rig is the same rig I use in my own videos! Anything you see in the videos is possible with this download. I create the rig for myself, and I provide it to you as-is for free. You’re welcome to make suggestions, but I might not add them if I don’t find them beneficial to my own videos.
Many controls have actions for translate, rotate, and scale. For example: translating the eye control moves the eye, rotating the control rotates the eye, and scaling the control dilates the eye.
- Automatic hair extrusion (uses hat layer on skin)
- No texture deformation on face
- Top and bottom eyelid with full rotation control, both can be overdriven
- Each eye has 8 control points, which can all be translated and rotated independently
- Eye control can be translated and scaled for custom position and sizing
- Pupil size
- Independent eye translate and rotation controls
- Mouth has 8 control points, each can be translated and rotated independently, with no limits
- Mouth position and rotation control
- Teeth control
- 2D mouth open / pinch control (for lipsync)
- Enable Disable facial features
- 3 eyebrow states: Normal, Villager, and Disabled
- Rounded or square mouth
- Torso location control
- 3 fine tuning controls: 2 chest, 1 hips, all can be translated / rotated without limits
- Squash and stretch using fine tuning controls
- Smooth bends
- IK / FK toggle
- sharp or smooth bends
- Fingers (retracted = disabled, can be rotated)
- > 90° bends
- wrist controls (all axis)
- Extra controls for arm shape (intended for cartoony animation)
- IK / FK toggle
- Sharp or smooth bends
- Fancy feet
- squash and stretch
- support for almost 180° bends
- Walk helper: auto-position the character rig based on the IK foot controls!
- Support for any scale (some render engines break on very small sizes)
- HIK retargeting support: apply motion capture animation directly to the rig! See my tutorial here if you have a Kinect sensor.
- Independent Root and Floor controls
- Set the viewport smooth level and render smooth level independently
- Villager mode: Enables villager robe and nose
Automatic walk cycle helper video demo (Watch in 4K, YouTube messed up the compression)
Starring in these videos!
The rig supports any 64×64 Minecraft skin file. Higher resolution textures will work as well, but they must be 1:1 squares and the texture placement must match. I do not provide any textures with this rig. Check out this page for information about how to extract the textures from Minecraft.
Supported Maya versions: 2016 Extension 2 SP 2 or newer.
Please give credit! Copy-paste the following into your description:
I announce progress updates on my Twitter, which you can find here: